Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:16:50 +0400
From:      "Maximum" <m-a-x-i-m-u-m@mail.ru>
To:        mschlosser@eschelon.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Trojan injected in my Freebsd 4.1-RELEASE

>If all you want to do is play with the hacker

I want to find the way hacker injected trojan and close that backdoor. Simple restoring clean binaries will not help me understanding that way.

<skip>
>the other person might notice, do things quietly secretly. Stick >the machine on a hub with another machine and have that machine >sniff for traffic on that port. Then the person will not see you >looking for them. With luck, you can build a sandbox around them >without their knowledge. Could be a fun project.

Problem is that my box placed as colocated server far faraway from me in another country and I have no physical access to computer. So only thing I can do is run my own watching programs.

>nrfbsdrk v0.1 by gREMLiNs means rootkit.  This person doesn't seem >very good since your security report told you they were there. >Probably script kiddie turned dorm rat.

Hope you right because I can't have this server lost. Also I hope hackers do not subscribed to this maillist :)

Maxim Sorokin