Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:53:30 -0700
From:      Harry Vu Nguyen <hvng@picoturbo.com>
To:        "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to open port ???

--------------572701CD1C27D7503F59AF13

"Raymundo M. Vega" wrote:

> ISP do not (usually) block any port. i have one question for you,
> are you using the address 192.168.168.33 in the interface to
> the dsl line??

===> No, i'm using 192.168.168.33 to interface to the DSL line.
My PC is behind the firewall.
My firewall with internal IP: 192.168.168.1 interfaces
internal network.
Let's say if i want to let people from outside can telnet (port 23) into
our system (of course the lan users must be also users of the firewall computer).

Here are all steps to let people outside can telnet into company,
please correct me if i'm wrong:

1) Request open port 23 from DSL (DSL company said so) to link
that port to my internal IP (192.168.168.1)
2) Add two additional line into /etc/rc.firewall:

/sbin/ipfw add 00160 allow tcp from any to picoturbo.com 23
/sbin/ipfw add 00160 allow udp from any to picoturbo.com 23

> if so, you are using a private address, i.e. your
> network is alredy behind a firewall. i think it will be
> easier to install a multiserial card, modems and configure
> dial up access.
>
> raymundo.
>
> I do not remember if i installed from ports or packages.

Regards,

Harry-

--------------572701CD1C27D7503F59AF13

begin:vcard
n:Nguyen;Harry
tel;cell:408-829-0982
tel;fax:408-586-8802
tel;work:408-586-4730
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Picoturbo, Inc
adr:;;860 Hillview Ct, Suite 160;Milpitas;CA;95035;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:hvng@picoturbo.com
title:System Administrator
fn:Harry Nguyen