Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 1998 07:23:37 -0400
From:      Lanny Baron <beef@tht.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, support@cdrom.com
Subject:   install with boot.flp won't make good PPP connection...

        Hello,

    I had a copy (running) of FreeBSD v. 2.2.6 but had to rm it due to
/usr going to 108%. I went to http://www.freebsd.org and got the
boot.flp from the installation part of the web page.  I have tried to
set the method of installation as ftp. When prompted to go to ALT+F3 to
connect to my ISP, I do connect but can't get it to go to PPP. I have
used /etc/ppp before with the same ISP. This in not a dialing problem as
I have stated, I do connect. When I do connect, I get ppp>packet mode
but it will not change to PPP.

    Upon connection, I have noticed the modem send and receive lights
going on and off extremely fast. If someone has had similar problems,
could you please tell me the workaround you found to get this to connect
properly.

    Thank you in advance for any help which you may be able to offer.

    Lanny Baron