Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 06:55:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      steve heistand <s_heistand@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   writing to vinum volume causes crash

(I first sent this to questions@freebsd.org
which isnt what I wanted. I think. sorry if there is
2)

I have a machine running 4.7-release (possibly and old
build) with 4 disks I am using vinum to make a raid5
volume out of.  When I write large amounts of data
to it the machine crashes.
I can dd one big file and it crashes at 154M,
if I copy in smaller files it dies around 100M
(varies)

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Having a large filesystem I cant write to isnt doing
me any good.

thanks

steve