Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:12:00 -0700
From:      Ken Key <key@network-alchemy.com>
To:        "Drew J. Weaver" <drew.weaver@thenap.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unable to change time/date

You are running init in "Highly secure mode" - level 2, or higher.
This clamps time changes to at most 1 second.

See "man init" for details.

To change your time, you'll have to bring the security level down.

Regards,
K^2

--
Ken Key (key@cips.nokia.com, key@Network-Alchemy.com)
Nokia,  Clustered IP Solutions, Santa Cruz, CA