Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:27:04 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Jonathan Chen <jonc@logisticsoftware.co.nz>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Good times" `virus' now a real possibility...

BubbleBoy works via a VBScript/ActiveX hole. Interpretation of the HTML
runs the script, which in turn causes an ActiveX control (which
should not be privileged to run but is) to run amok on the system.
Unfortunately, any mail program that uses IE to render HTML is probably
vulnerable. This includes Outlook, Outlook Express, and probably Eudora
(unless you've forced Eudora not to use IE to render HTML).

Netscape Communicator is buggy and crashes a lot, but at least does not
have this hole.

--Brett