Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:42:52 +0530
From:      Rajneesh Kumar <iwc2010005@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed to compile kernel because ioctl.h not found

Hi list,

I did slight modification in ARP module of 4.4FreeBSD-Lite (getting help
from the book TCP/IP illustrated vol 2 by Richard Stevens). After that I
found this kernel is replaced by a new version. I am trying to incorporate
those changes in new kernel but facing problem.

There was #include <sys/ioctl.h> in if_ether.c of old module. But its not
there in the new one. While compilation it shows me error ioctl.h is not
found, please use xxxio.h instead. Which header I should include in place
of ioctl.h ??
Also there was a function called arplookup() in if_ether.c but its not
there in the new kernel. Which function is now used to perform the same
task in the new kernel?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You.

--