Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more wierd errors

Alright, this one isn't that important, but It's kinda irking me. It seems
that anything that uses gtk/glib crashes consistantly on my laptop, even
though everywhere else I try it, it works. Here is the error I get
whenever I send an IM with gaim:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)

Actually, I get one of these errors per crash... and they repeat randomly,
there doesn't seem to be any real reason for the crashes either... Has
anyone had these problems? (to remind everyone, my statclock doesn't work
either... and no clock at all works without the 0x20 flags on apm, and
sometimes randomly the dmesg command can't malloc memory)

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|