Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:04:50 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Making PLATFORM a requirement on armv6

On 12 July 2017 at 06:58, Andrew Turner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to make PLATFORM a requirement on armv6 as I have already en=
abled it on most armv6 kernels. The old PLATFORM_SMP and MULTIDELAY options=
 have already been merged with this in preparation for it being on by defau=
lt.

> I have updated most of the kernel configurations built under the universe=
 target, however the Marvell configs still need to be updated. Unfortunatel=
y they are a little more complex than the other SoCs, and as I don=E2=80=99=
t have a setup to test any changes I would like help to update this code.

> The advantage of using PLATFORM is it will allow us to remove the build t=
ime checks for each SoC. This will help add the Marvell code, along with th=
e other ARMv7+ kernels, to be integrated into the GENERIC config, easing fu=
ture maintenance.

Hey Andrew,

I've started port the ARMADA38X support to use the PLATFORM methods
and I can help with this one, but I don't have hardware to help with
ARMADAXP and the older SoCs.

Luiz