Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:12:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        "Daniel W. Samsyguin" <shadow@leontief.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNU!!!GNU!!! ALL, WhAt I NeeD!!!

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Daniel W. Samsyguin wrote:

>         Hey, gas, is htere any pssibility to port ALL GNU to FreeBSD?
>     Yes, I know, that bsd is an different standart of U*#X, but the
> developers dont think bout it!
>     And I think, that BSD more stable, than GNU/Linux :)
>                 BUT I WANT GNU!!! GNU WITH BSD!

	Just about everything that is a GNU package works just fine under
FreeBSD.  If you mean to replace the BSD original where there is overlap,
I doubt that could ever happen owing to the GNU licensing.

	The only GNU software to lag behind in terms of the latest
versions are the few packages that are tightly integrated into the FreeBSD
OS, e.g. gcc/g++, gas, etc.  These only get updated after the new versions
have _prooven_ their stability and had the major bugs discovered.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,