Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:58:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Deskpro 6000 SCSI controller

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:22:57 -0700 (PDT), Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com> wrote:
>The NIC is (theoretically) TLAN-based,
The NIC _is_ a TI ThunderLAN (although Compaq have changed the PCI ID
codes), and the specs are readily available from TI.  What's missing
is a FreeBSD driver for it.

If anyone is interested, there is a Linux driver for the ThunderLan
chip (see ftp://ftp.caldera.com/pub/stuff/tlan-0.30.tar.gz - or maybe
a later version by now) that we are using here on some Linux boxes
here.  I don't know how difficult it would be to port.

If I do wind up with a 6000, I'll wind up porting or writing a driver
(but I'd prefer not to have to do all the work and am hoping to get
alternative hardware).

Peter