Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:34:42 +0100
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   sun jdk 1.4.2_02 and freebsd 5.2

Hi,

I try to check if it is possible to migrate from linux ( RedHat AS 3) to
freebsd.

I am using very intensive java (jboss + tomcat).

I installed freebsd 5.2 and try to make some tests with java.

I prefer the sun release because sun is the java founder, but if it is a
problem I can change this one.

Ok, after install I just go to /usr/ports/linux-sun-jdk14 and readet the
readme.

I installed the java without any problem (reported error), but if I try
to run java --version (just to be sure that it is the version), the jdk
hangs. It still running as process (I see it with top).

So my question:

Exist any production ready port (or version) of java form freebsd 5.2 or
it is too early to migrate from linux to freebsd?

regards,
ivan.