Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:40:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   aic driver camified

After the recent signal related changes, the pre-cam kernel I saved a long
time ago no longer works with (even statically compiled) user applications,
which meant I had no way to access my files on an old disk hanging off an
aic6360 card. So I decided to bite the bullet and camify the aic driver
myself (I've long given up hope someone else would do it.)

The source is at http://www.freebsd.org/~luoqi/aic. Copy the source files
into sys/dev/aic, apply the patch files.diff to sys/conf/files. Don't
forget to add the controller aic0 line back to your config file.

Since I don't have *any* documentation on the chip or card, except for the
existing source code (FreeBSD/NetBSD/Linux), and my knowledge of our cam
implementation is quite limited, so consider this code extremely experimental
and use at your own risk.

DMA is not supported, sync transfer is supported but not tested, neither
pnp nor pccard is supported. My card doesn't support any of these, so
there's not much I could do, I hope sopme of you could fill in the blanks.

-lq