Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:09:29 -0800
From:      Keith Hall <rrr.keith@worldnet.att.net>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   installing problems

Hi nameless person
I was told to e-mail someone in support....I have FreeBSD and have tried
to install it three times (unsuccessful ), the book is of no help in
solving the problem... I have looked on several sites on the net and
have not gotten my answers but have been impressed at the clarity and
understandablity...
My computer is a laptop....I know it could cause problems... my problem
is when I boot it loads and there is the choice screen. I choose novice
and I choose ALL in the packages choices. My mouse works, I don't have a
problem with login ... I DO have a problem looking at the cdrom, I can't
load other (third party) packages. When I loaded originally there are
about 30 -40 files (???) that were said to be necessary that either
aborted or were not found by the install program... Some for instance
were ghostscript 5.10 , 4.03 , texTeX-0.4 , XFree86-3.3.2 , and the list
goes on... I loaded from a cd and my drive has worked in the auto roll,
it is Toshiba , I cannot cat or ls the cdrom... I'm stuck and need
help.... I have a 800-453-3498... if it would be easier to talk please
do so, I have the problem and don't mind paying the bill.... Is there a
posiablilty the cd could be bad....

Keith