Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 14:28:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        salyzyn@inet.dpt.com (Salyzyn)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Who wants a DPT SCSI controller driver?

Salyzyn wrote:
> Author:  asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) at inet
> Date:    1996/5/19 7:31 AM
>
> Yes, I would be very interested.  (In case you don't know, I'm the
> person who ported ccd from NetBSD... :)
>
>         Well, for the list, I will release the BSDi driver. It has
>         some superfluous fluff associated with Bus Reset that should
>         be removed (The SCSI system is handed back individual error
>         driver to resend the requests). The BSDi driver started out
>         under FreeBSD, but just before completion it was transfered
>         over and ported to the BSDi system and TTD (Tested To Death
>         :-). The SCSI system is different, so it has diverged
>         somewhat.
>
>         We have one volunteer that is willing to port the code over,
>         he conveniently already has some of our controllers to work
>         with. Anyone interested in writing a NetBSD port would be
>         appreciated.

I am the volunteer that Mark eludes to.  I have been working with
the DPT controllers since last August (developing a device driver
for another UNIX-like OS) and would be happy to work on this project.
Mark has sent me the current BSDi driver source and I plan to begin
with that.  I welcome any help or suggestions.

 <snip>

--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com