Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 23:20:28 +0000
From:      "Johan Granlund" <johang@algonet.se>
To:        Matthew Thyer <matt@spirit.com.au>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make world ??

> Hello all.. I hope someone can help me here as I cant see anything
> in the FAQ or Handbook relating to this problem.
>
> I started running 23 March 96 SNAP but then decided to compile the

I assume a 2.2-SNAP

> current sources.  So I:
>
>  1) Got the base delta "src-cur.1900A.gz"
>  2) Got the src-cur deltas from 1901 to 1955
>  3) Created a new filesystem which I mounted as /usr/src
>  4) Unpacked the deltas with "ctm -v -v delta_file"
>  5) Confirmed that the base and the other 55 deltas worked OK
>  6) Did a "make world" in this /usr/src dir.
>
> All the above was done as the root user but the makefile fails very
> early with:
>
> [ snipped off the start............. ]
>  Rebuilding /usr/share/mk
> cd /usr/src/share/mk && make install
> cd /usr/src/share/mk && install -c -o bin -g bin -m 444 bsd.README
> bsd.dep.mk bsd.doc.mk bsd.info.mk bsd.kmod.mk bsd.obj.mk bsd.lib.mk
> bsd.man.mk bsd.own.mk bsd.port.mk bsd.port.subdir.mk bsd.prog.mk
> bsd.sgml.mk bsd.subdir.mk sys.mk  /usr/share/mk
>  Cleaning up the source tree, and rebuilding the obj tree
> cd /usr/src && make cleandir
> ===> include
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ??

Saw the same when upgrading from -stable.
Do a make -DNOCLEANDIR world. That got me thru.

I also had to manually compile ld beqause it complained ower a '-O' parameter. I
guess you don't have to do that as you are already at V2.2.

Cheers

/Johan
> --
> -- Matthew Thyer    matt@spirit.com.au
> -- "If it is true that our Universe has a zero net value for all
> conserved quantities, then it may simply be a fluctuation of the
> vacuum of some larger space in which our Universe is imbedded. In
> answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest
> proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which
> happen from time to time."
>  E. P. Tryon   from "Nature" Vol.246 Dec.14, 1973
> --

Internet: Johang@Algonet.se

I don't even speak for myself