Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:03:33 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox-4.1.10: FreeBSD-9.0 guest hangs on package installs

I have 9.0 amd64 host, and 9.0 amd64 guest installed from the stock iso
image without any packages.
When I try to install gnome with the command "pkg_add -r gnome2" in the
black terminal of the guest, process hangs after some number of packages
are installed. So I have to Ctrl-C it and restart, after which it
continues ok until it hangs again in the same fashion down the road.
I observed this with the previous 4.X.X vbox versions as well.

This is very amazing that such a simple operation fails.

Anybody has an idea why is this happening?

Yuri