Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:35:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Neil T. Mathison" <mathison@sara.cpb.org>
To:        Ron Rosson <insane@oneinsane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEC TLZ06 4mm DAT

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Ron Rosson wrote:

> I am looking for a tech sheet, jumper configuration sheet
> and anything that is useful for me to troubleshoot this drive.
> At the moment it makes tapes but when I do a tar tvf It fails.
> I have been told it is power connectors but at this point in
> time I dont have time to break this box down. So when I do get
> the time to work on it, I would enjoy in any tech, configuration,
> etc sheets on this drive.
>
> TIA
> Ron
> P.S. Running FreeBSD-2.2.5-STABLE

                       No compression        Compression
TLZ06-CA (90 m)           2.0 GB               4.0 GB

90 meter tapes are the maximum.

Dip switch setting

       1   SCSI ID 1
       2   SCSI ID 2
       3   SCSI ID 3
       4   SCSI-1 or SCSI-2 (on is SCSI-2)
       5   Parity Enable (in is enabled)
       6   Compression Enable/Disbale (on is disabled)
       7   off (reserved for future use)
       8   self-test (on is enabled)

The parameters that should be used when running dump

   noncompressed
       density = 61000 effective tape length (with 90 meter tape) = 57440
             dump 0ds 61000 57440 ...
   compressed
       density = 61000 effective tape length (with 90 meter tape) =
                                                               57740 x 2
             dump 0ds 61000 114880 ...