Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:50:29 +0100
From:      Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   nvidia-driver and vt - blank console on FreeBSD 11

Hi,

I am using the latest nvidia-driver-367.44_2 (modules nvidia.ko and
nvidia-modeset.ko have to be loaded in order for X to work) and while X
works great after I have started X and want to switch back to console.
Alle ttys are just black. The Keyboard is still working and I can switch
back to the X session or press Ctrl-C on the black tty and startx again.

My system is a UEFI install and at boot vt_efifb is used automatically
no matter what I set kern.vty to.except for "sc" of course. With "sc"
set, the system won't boot because with uefi

I have tried like everything I have found on the web (changing kern.vty,
setting textmode to 1, etc). But I have also found that nvidia and vt
have had some problems when FreeBSD 11 was still CURRENT and that this
was fixed?

Is this an open bug again? Is there a way for me to set an option/add a
patch or something to make ttys work again after I have started X?

Thx for your support,
Stefan