Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:34:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Paul N. Cobb" <pcobb@cybernet.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        Darren Davis <DARREND@novell.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ahhhhhhhhhh!

On 10-Jun-96 Jake Hamby wrote:
>>On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Darren Davis wrote:
>>
>> What are the thoughts on breaking this stuff out of mail lists and into
>> news groups?  (At least there I can use kill files to eliminate the noise.)
>>  Or, must I suffer this fate?  Any suggestions on how to manage this much
>> email?  Jordan, how do you deal with all this traffic?
>>
>> Thanks for letting me make some noise about the noise.
>>
>> Darren
>
>I would also like to know what tools (under Unix) are available to break
>up incoming mail by mailing list.  Right now I'm using pine (no jokes,
>please, it's a good mail program!) and it puts a + sign by personal
>messages, but is there any way to split individual mailing lists into
>different folders?  Can MH do this (I tried it *briefly* but didn't look
>at all of the MANY options).  Please reply personally, I don't want to
>clog up hackers unnecessarily.
>
>---Jake

    Use xfmail, it has rules to separate mail into different folders
It's great. All point and click, real easy to use.

Paul Cobb                                 Research Engineer
pcobb@cybernet.com                        Cybernet Systems Corp.
(313)668-2567                             Ann Arbor, MI

'Is this a special moment or should we be disturbed?' - The Tick