Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 03:46:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: smp hang on -current?

--- Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> wrote:
> I have a box, I've enabled SMP, and APIC, disabled
> WITNESS and
> INVARIANTS.  It hangs after probing scsi right
> before
> mountroot.  It looks like something may be botched
> with interrupts:

hi,
happy new year 2002!,

> APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
> APIC_IO: Broken MP table detected: 8254 is not
> connected to IOAPIC #0 intpin 2

I think the problem is either here..

> APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 and IOAPIC #0 intpin
> 0
> Waiting 15 seconds for scsi devices to settle
> (noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS reset delivered.
> (noperiph:sym1:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS reset delivered.
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:1): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:2): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:3): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:4): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:5): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:6): Autosense Failed
> (probe0:sym0:0:0:7): Autosense Failed

..or here.  Because of the SCSI AutoSense failure

I have an -CURRENT SMP system with INVARIANTS, WITNESS
enabled, plus two Cheetah XL 15K RPM Seagate drive but
it hasn't failed on my system like this.. so I am not
quite sure..

regards,
 - Hiten
 - <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>