Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:38:44 -0500
From:      Kurt Lidl <kurt.lidl@cello.com>
To:        lippe@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   freebsd-ports: CGI-Application-Plugin-DBH

Greetings!

I use this port in my application software.
(Along with a bunch of other stuff for perl5.)

In preparation for FreeBSD-9.1, I installed the
9.1-RC3 snapshot, and attempted to rebuild all
the supporting modules for my application software.

I ran into difficulty with this port, or more
specifically, this port, its dependencies
and its interaction with the new 'pkg' command.

I have a script that attempts to install all the
ports for the various perl modules that are needed
by my application, and this is the only port that
failed to install.

The dependencies for CGI-Application-Plugin-DBH
list "p5-CGI-modules", which conflicts with the
regular old "p5-CGI" module, at least as reported
by the new 'pkg' command.

As far as I can see, the "p5-CGI-modules" port
is a subset of the "p5-CGI" module, so if p5-CGI
is already installed, then CGI-Application-Plugin-DBH
is good to go.

Could the dependencies for CGI-Application-Plugin-DBH
be changed to be either "p5-CGI-modules" or
"p5-CGI"?

The particular error that gets punted out by
p5-CGI-Modules is this:

===>   Compressing manual pages for p5-CGI-modules-2.76^M
===>   Registering installation for p5-CGI-modules-2.76 as automatic^M
Installing p5-CGI-modules-2.76...pkg: p5-CGI-modules-2.76 conflicts with
p5-CGI.
pm-3.63,1 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file:
/usr/local/li
b/perl5/5.16.2/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3.gz^M
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 70^M
^M
Stop in /usr/ports/www/p5-CGI-modules.^M

Thanks.

-Kurt