Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:37:50 -0500
From:      "Network Admin [JPeterson]" <jay@qtm.net>
To:        "Mark Ovens" <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: splash screen / saver

growl, grumble, moan, gripe, complain.. =)

cat /boot/loader.rc
include /boot/loader.4th
load /kernel
load vesa
load -t userconfig_script /boot/kernel.config
load -t splash_image_data /boot/dawn.bmp
load splash_bmp
start

the dawn.bmp I grabbed is called dawn-31.gif on your site, I saved it as a
bitmap..