Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:14:59 -0700
From:      "Weise, Thomas" <Rustyw@ci.portland.or.us>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hardware/System compatibility question.

	I have a possibility of buying a Tricord ES4000 system for my very
own.  If you are not familiar with the structure of these machines, they are
x486 class, multi-processor CPU board, E/ISA based enterprise servers.  I
asked the tech-support top dog at Tricord if he knew whether or not their
machines would support FreeBSD v. 2.2.6.  He was unsure.  All he did know is
that you must have drivers for the differential SCSI controller that is most
likely in the machine and that it does support most pre-early '98 versions
of most brands of UNIX.
	If you have any words of wisdom, they would be greatly appreciated!!
I can get this box for incredibly cheap and would like to broad my scope of
knowledge of UNIX-based minis if they will make a good match.
	My various contact points are:
	Home email - miniman@pdx.wantweb.net
<mailto:miniman@pdx.wantweb.net>
	Work email - rustyw@ci.portland.or.us