Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 03:52:32 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jaakko Heinonen <jh@freebsd.org>, edwin@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: calendar(1) regressions

"Greg 'groggy' Lehey" wrote:

> --cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi
>
> On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 16:27:39 +0200, Jaakko Heinonen wrote:
> >
> > Hi!

> >> I think we fix bugs rather than revert the commits.
> >
> > Of course it's preferred but I didn't see any progress happening. As a
> > result some of the basic functionality is broken (especially in
> > stable/8). Maybe I should have debugged and fixed those bugs but I
> > wasn't really keen to debug a large commit adding mostly features which
> > I don't care much.
>
> IIRC the main issue in 8 was that debug output was appearing as a
> matter of course.  It would be relatively trivial to MF9 (i.e. copy
> the 9-STABLE version), but of course that would only solve part of the
> problem.  Do you want an MFC to 8 when I'm done?
>
> Greg
> --
> Sent from my desktop computer.
> Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
> This message is digitally signed.  If your Microsoft MUA reports
> problems, please read http://tinyurl.com/broken-mua

Hi Greg
I too filed send-prs re. rgeression bugs in recent broken calendar,
hopefully you can look/ fix please.

http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/REAME.JHS

bin/15182
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/send-pr.impossible_date.no_customise

bin/157718
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/core_dump_shell.no_customise

bin/162211
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/send-pr.first_last_in_month.no_customise

--------------

PS for Anyone, doesnt need to be Greg

misc/157748
This PR is NOT a regression coding error, but corrections & additions
for a lot of badly sorted & incorrect src/ data in wrong calendar files
etc.  It doesn't need a programmer to fix it, any commiter could
make corrections & also someone with a sense of orthogonality could
shuffle data around, as some current calendar data in src/ is in wrong
files, & also in some cases date is wrong.
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.holiday.send-pr
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".