Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:22:24 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DHCP , natd  resolv.conf

When you find out the answer it's always something
you thought you knew :-)
Answers here http://www.free.bsd.org/search

Every time I reboot the system it pauses right about the time
it starts on sendmail.
Any way I have my system set up to for named -b /etc/namedb/named.boot
and dhclient as well as natd

My problem is to get my system to use 127.0.0.1 I have
to manually enter it into resolv.conf to get it to work.
I've searched and looked and just can't seem
to find out how to correct this slight problem

What bugs me is that when the system boots it hangs just
as it's saying sendmail I cntrl c that to finish booting
the system.  The system comes up fine and I can ping
domain names etc.
When I manual add 127.0.0.1 as the nameserver
I can still ping and do nslookups.

Thanks !!!

Happily Running!
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: