Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:44:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike <spork@startrekmail.com>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
Cc:        lbruno@cmp.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Technical questions about BSD

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Greg Black wrote:

> > I'm in the process of writing a feature story [...]
>
> Why bother?  You're clearly not qualified.

I don't think it matters if he is qualified or not. FreeBSD gets
unfortunately little press, and can use all it can get. Even if his
story has very little useful information, it can't be more harmful than
no story. I have never seen an article on FreeBSD in  the New York Times
or a similar publication, but they recently  published an article on
Linux. I think that all the press open source is getting is really good,
but FreeBSD never seems to be an important part of that press. Don't scare
this guy off, just set him strait and let him give FreeBSD some of the
press it deserves.

> --
> Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com
	 Finger gronimw@shell.stuy.edu for PGP public key.

		The majority only rules those who let them.