Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:50:51 -0800
From:      "Jeff Mohler" <speedtoys.racing@gmail.com>
To:        "Milo Hyson" <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Performance Questions

How about one large raid, and two partitions to serve each purpose?

Being so limited in HW, youre either going to take a _huuuuuge_
performance hit with only 2 disks per raid (unless Raid0), or an
availability hit with everything on one RAID set.

But..considering the costs of adding RAID to a server..take a peek
here for a high(er) perfomance RAID solution..if Fbsd had an iscsi
layer like linux has had for...5yrs or so..this would be a slam dunk
as you can still serve it as block data.

If that cant help you, it might help the next guy with only a few K's
to spend on large disks and raid controllers.