Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 22:46:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM question

> The big problem with things like systat is that it completely breaks them
> (not just returning no data, but causing them to blow up entirely).

Seems to work just fine on my CAM systems (other than not returning
and disk data and telling you nicely that "-iostat" makes little
sense for a system that reports having no drives).  I don't believe
that we've changed anything in the systat code for CAM (yet) and
if systat blows up when there are no drives in the system (dkndrive
is 0), then systat was broken long before CAM came around (think
diskless configurations).  For the short term, I'm more concerned
with implementing full SCSI controller and device support than
fixing things like systat, so if you feel that "not having systat"
is too much of a restriction to using CAM, you're more than welcome
not to use the patches.

--
Justin