Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:35:29 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Andy Akins" <andyakins@earthlink.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and ports

>Well, some of you might know what happened. Cvsup deleted all my ports.
>*poof*.
>
>Looking through the Complete FreeBSD, I discover what I had missed: that
for
>ports the only relevant tag is ., or CURRENT.
>
>Now getting the ports back is no big deal - I've got the CDs. But my
>question is: how do I keep my ports up to date?

Yes, you need 'tag=.' for the ports collection.

If you simply add:

    ports-all tag=.

to your supfile and re-run cvsup, it will restore your ports collection.

Occasionally running cvsup with that line in it will also keep your ports
tree up to date. (I run cvsup weekly via /etc/crontab.)

Have fun!

--Dan

--
Dan O'Connor