Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 00:52:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      kristopher <kzentner@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape and rvplayer

Greetings,

Though I'm sure someone out there is using realplayer. However, I *still*
am having problems getting the linux plugin to work. I've got the linux
emulator working, I've tried using the linux netscape, I can run the
binary separate from netscape as well as other binaries, I followed the
instructions for installing the plugin to no success.

I've also tried using the Plugins button and the Applications button which
says: /usr/local/bin/rvplayer %s

Each time I call the plugin from netscape I get the error:
ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libc.so.2.2"

However libc.so.2.2 is in /usr/lib/compat. Any help would be very much
appreciated. Thanks! Btw please reply directly as I'm not subbed to this
list.

-Kris

    Kristopher Zentner           |    "Would you tell me, please, which
    Aspiring Linguist            |     way I ought to go from here?"
    FreeBSD Advocate             |    "That depends a great deal on
    kzentner@u.washington.edu    |     where you want to go." said the Cat