Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:10:54 +0000
From:      "Marcel Bischoff" <marcel@herrbischoff.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use of GH_ACCOUNT variable

Thanks for the link, I have read it with great interest. The conclusion =

is supporting the interpretation that a porter should always use the =

release tarball if one is available. Makes a lot of sense to me. This =

should be stated more clearly in the Porter's Handbook with a sentence =

or two to that effect, accompanied by an example that would probably =

look a lot like the second one of my examples:

MASTER_SITES=3D	https://github.com/dirkvdb/${PORTNAME}/releases/download/=
${PORTVERSION}/

Going forward, I'll not be using the GH_ACCOUNT variable in constructing =

a MASTER_SITES string.

Regards,
Marcel