Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:46:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Subject:   Re: keeping up to date

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Don't forget the -stable mailing list. I find that it fills the gap
> between src/UPDATING and cvs-all quite nicely.

Of course. And -current if applicable (and I share your pain if so :)).

> FWIW, The filter I use for cvs-all is:
> 	(and (text "MFC") (not (text "MFC after")))

And if you want to use procmail, you can filter on the
"X-FreeBSD-CVS-Branch" header. This would catch commits where the
committer forgot the magic MFC word, since the X-FreeBSD-CVS-Branch is
inserted by the scripts in CVSROOT on freefall.