Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 20:00:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        chuckr@mat.net, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggested change to apache port

On Sat, 3 May 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> It was simpler than I thought.  This patch only works for
> fetch/build/run depends.  If this works ok, I'll duplicate it
> elsewhere (lib-depends and depends have pretty much the same
> structure) and commit it.
>
> Note, the default target is still "install" (or whatever
> DEPENDS_TARGET is), so you don't need to specify ":install".  That way
> we won't have to go change all the ports.

This works, but in the specific case of p5-Apache, I required two things
that the patch didn't cover:

- The ability to specify a double target ("clean patch") so that I know
I'm working off of clean source
- Putting it in DEPENDS instead of *_DEPENDS.

For now, I kludged it in to cd into ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache and do a make
clean patch rather than keep the requestor of the port waiting.

Still, as Chuck mentioned, these changes will make life a lot easier for
future ports (and some existing ones that do really ugly things right
now).

Thanks.

--
j.