Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:19:40 -0800
From:      olivier <olivier777a7@gmail.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Kashyap.Desai@lsi.com, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS/ZFS hangs after upgrading from 9.0-RELEASE to -STABLE
References:  <CALC5%2B1Ptc=c_hxfc_On9iDN4AC_Xmrfdbc1NgyJH2ZxP6fE0Aw@mail.gmail.com> <50C9AFC6.6080902@FreeBSD.org> <CALC5%2B1MRurpbznOYrnE%2BK%2B=BEuj80iqJUbYkLN7SKFwtKqbE1Q@mail.gmail.com> <50CA1639.1010409@FreeBSD.org> <CALC5%2B1MpTUxtfJFN2Zu8%2BOSQ81ioEOTWApEY7zLB1tUkdsUj%2BQ@mail.gmail.com> <CALC5%2B1PdPnnx4ARGDOZeHKYuUVknQFGSKOZR1tz-mDDwCR%2B-8Q@mail.gmail.com> <20121214182147.GA66456@nargothrond.kdm.org>

Sorry about the confusion. I'd forgotten to mention that a few of the disks
in the pool in which that ZFS filesystem resides are actually provided
through the mps driver. In other words, my pool has a couple disks it sees
through the mps driver, and other disks it sees through the mpt driver.
(For the sake of completeness, the same machine also has ZFS on root, with
a pool formed from a single mps disk; I haven't formally excluded that the
hangs are due to my root pool but that probably doesn't change the problem).

Reed: I'm happy to provide my compiled kernel for you to try out (if you're
using generic). To compile yourself, checkout 9-STABLE,
replace /usr/src/sys/dev/mps by the version from 9.0, and edit
sys/conf/files and sys/modules/mps/Makefile to revert the diffs shown in
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=230592 I'm sure
there's a more elegant way of doing this (would it be safe to just copy
over mps.ko from 9.0?).

Olivier