Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Toward a more friendly sendmail

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Stan Brown wrote:
> 	I hacke the sendmail.cf files on the Sun's and coerced them inot
> 	sending mail to my machine. However I did not get that end of it quite
> 	correct, so the mail comes as user_name#hostname (without the domain
> 	portion). My machine rejects this out of hand. here is what I am geting
> 	in the logfile:
>
> 	Apr 20 16:20:29 brown sendmail[11779]: QAA11779: ruleset=check_mail,
> 	arg1=<root@
> 	AP0550>, relay=waterap [170.85.113.45], reject=501 <root@AP0550>...
> 	Sender domai
> 	n must exist

Add this to your .mc file and generate a new sendmail.cf

FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')

and possibly

FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')

Do Not do this if you are accepting mail directly from the Internet.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com