Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:49:12 +0100
From:      Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Mobile <FreeBSD-Mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Automatic network config.

Quoth Chris BeHanna on Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:46:33 -0400
> > I have a laptop which I plug into two different networks (home and at
> > university) which means it has to have two network configurations. Is
> > there a simple boot up time option that would allow the laptop to find
> > the right configuration to boot up with?
>
>     Set the interface to DHCP?  That's always worked for me.

That would work if and only if there was a DHCP server at home and at
Uni... But there are no such things in either locations.

--
yann@kierun.org                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun