Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 08:23:06 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Guido.vanRooij@nl.cis.philips.com (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        jgreco@solaria.sol.net, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, core@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6+++: crt0.c CRITICAL CHANGE

> It does work. I tested it on a life system. However, as stated earlier,
> it should check for immutable and append only flags and react accordingly.

OK.  Is anyone making those changes? :-)

I should note that this kind of solution is kinda scarey in that we'll
have to document the heck out of it before we can ever unleash it on
the general public without getting back a flood of "Augh!  I nuked my
system!  Nothing runs now!!" reports.  Is there enough committment
here for making it into that kind of solution? ;)

					Jordan