Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:28:07 -0400
From:      <kenthauser@mindspring.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   internal modem which works well with 4.6

I have an USR internal modem which doesn't like 4.6 (and probably some earlier
versions). Basically, I think the computer is too quick for the modem. The
modem seems to want a delay after opening before accepting AT commands. I can
get UUCP scripts to work by adding "pauses", but hylafax is hosed and other
things flaky.

Any suggestions on an internal modem which just "works".

Thanks. Kent