Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:53:48 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Boris Kochergin <spawk@acm.poly.edu>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail FIB?

On 11/3/13, 8:40 AM, Boris Kochergin wrote:
> Figured out my own question. I was jexec'ing into it, and jexec inherits
> FIB 0 from the host. SSHing into the jail results in the desired behavior.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Boris

yeah, because the two things are actually orthogonal, and the jail-fib
config capability hides this fact..
you would have to do setfib 1 jexec {cmd} to do what you want..

OR

you could use a VIMAGE jail and give it its own stack (and routing
table(s)) but then you;d have to put it on a bridge or give it its own
interface..