Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:26:37 +0200
From:      Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp : dial different numbers depending on network to reach ?

Hello,

Is there any way with ppp (userland or kernel) to make it dial different
numbers depending on the network to reach ?

Explanation : (Some ASCII art :)

  192.168.1.0/24            192.168.1.1
  +----------------+ lan +---------------+
  | Box on the lan |-----| Bsd box (ppp) |
  +----------------+     +---------------+
                                | Modem or ISDN-TA
                               / \ pstn or isdn
                              /   \
               NT remote lan_/     \_Internet
              192.168.0.0/24         0.0.0.0/0
         Office Phone number         Isp phone number

The Bsd box 192.168.1.1 is the default gateway for 192.168.1.0/24 lan.
I'd like it to dial via ppp to "Office phone number" if there's an
attempt to reach 192.168.0.0/24 lan and otherwise dial "Isp phone
number".
Is there a way to do that given the fact i have only one sio port on the
bsd box (so only one TA or Modem as well)

Regards

Eric

--
Any opinions expressed above  | Murphy's Law Corollary :
are my own, not Kisoft's      | Murphy was an optimist.