Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:36:17 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Practical limit to number of mount points on a system?

Howdy,

I have some general questions regarding how many file system mounts one
could reasonably make on a system (assume lots of CPU and RAM for the
sake of argument). So in a general sense:

1. Is there a hard limit?
2. Do the type(s) of the mount(s) matter?
3. Does mounting in jails matter vs. mounting directly on the host?
4. And the $64 question, if I had a setup with lots of jails, and each
had a nullfs, devfs, and 2 or 3 NFS mounts, how many jails could I have
without causing an implosion? :)

Thanks,

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.