Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:24:07 -0600
From:      "Terry Tyson" <ttyson@championelevators.com>
To:        "Paul Simon" <paul@qdice.com>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Newbie install experience

Paul,

Strange that you are having trouble with "Easy CD" on windows. I have been
using Easy CD Creator 3.5c on windows NT with a Plexwriter 8/20 without
problems. It will burn an ISO to CD in less than 30 min. However, the
windows CD software at home (can't remember what it's called, don't use it
anymore) is extremely slow (about 100Mb takes over an hour). Burning under
Mandrake9 with the same hardware is very fast. Haven't tried burning with
FBSD yet, but I'm sure it will be at least as fast as Mandrake. I think the
windows software at home is verifying about a zillion times and can probably
be changed but just haven't spent time to find out.

Terry