Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:30:56 +0200
From:      stephane@e2c.com (Stephane Legrand)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI card : Asus SC200 or Tekram DC390 ?

Hello,

I want to buy a cheap scsi2 card for my freebsd (2.1.5) box.
I hesitate between Asus SC200 and Tekram DC390.

I heard that the main problem with Asus SC200 is that it doesn't include a
scsi BIOS and, therefore, it doesn't work if the PC mainboard doesn't
support NCR bios ? Is that true ? And how to verify if my mainboard is
comptatible ?

Second, i also read in mailing list archive that the Tekram use an AMD chip
which is not so good than NCR chip used by Asus. Again, is that true ?
Which card is the best for scsi2 ?

Thanks you very much. Stephane.

--> http://www.lituus.fr/stephane
- To save the Internet, stop using Micro$oft softwares NOW !