Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 09:28:36 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de
Subject:   Web contacts (was: http://www.de.freebsd.org/cgallery.html)

For those of you who haven't seen it before, this is about the only
valid criticism that Arne Wörner raised in his complaints about
"child-endangering" content.

On Saturday, 27 June 1998 at 19:24:22 -0400, Malartre wrote:
> Greg Lehey wrote:
>> Arne Wörner wrote:
>>> at the bottom of the page i saw the email address
>>>       questions@freebsd.org
>>> and i thought this would be the address for mails regarding that page.
>>
>> Now that's reasonable.  Yes, I suppose we should change that.
>
> I think than we should not put a e-mail on the top of the web page
> because there is people who do not search anything, but take the time to
> write a mail and to ask us "what's FreeBSD". We should put a link named
> "Mail us" who would go to http://www.freebsd.org/mailto.html and add a
> little tutorial on how to ask a question. Maybe also saying "Please,
> read and search the web page before asking us a question than we have
> already answer in the FAQ".

Yes, this sounds like a reasonable idea.  How about another section
"Contact FreeBSD" in the yellow link bar at the top of each page, with
information on how to do all sorts of things?  That way we might even
be able to stop people from sending technical questions to -doc.

Greg