Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:28:34 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodme@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libpng

I have recently installed FreeBSD-4.0-RELEASE (cd installation).
The installation of gnome included the package png-1.0.5.

Today I fetched and installed ghostscript-6.0.1. pkg_add automatically
downloaded and installed package png-1.0.6.

Now I have the two packages listed by pkg_info. However, pkg_info -L
shows that they both include the *same* files (which is not really
surprising).

The question is.. how do I get rid of png-1.0.5? If I pkg_delete it, the
system will probably remove the files of png-1.0.6. And of course, quite
a few packages depend on png-1.0.5.

-- Nimrod.