Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:28:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jason <jason@welsh.dynip.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: interface ed0 not recognized in 4.1 RELEASE

I looked at the config files
for both versions and the line that specified the settings for the ed0
card looked the same to me.
well, heres the line from my old config (that worked)
device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

and heres what it gave me in my dmesg
ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f iomem 0xd8000 irq 5 drq 0 on isa0

and heres my old kernel.conf (i think this is what made it work)
di sn0
di lnc0
di le0
di ie0
di fe0
di cs0
en ed0
po ed0 0x300
ir ed0 5
iom ed0 0xd8000
f ed0 0

If i remember correctly, the kernel.conf overrides whats compiled into the
kernel, right? so I probably need to modify the kernel.conf on my 4.1
system to match the kernel.conf on my old one?

Jason

|  Jason Welsh   jason@welsh.dynip.com   |   If you think there's     |
|                                        |   good in everybody, you   |
|      http://welsh.dynip.com/           |   haven't met everybody.   |