Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 01:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41701: New port: devel/RT2

The following reply was made to PR ports/41701; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To: plasma <plasma@freebsd.sinica.edu.tw>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:49:46 +0200

 On Fri 2002-08-16 (16:33), plasma wrote:
 > My testing system is FreeBSD 4.6-release, and it's ok.
 >
 > The port's problem is, it needs Perl 5.6.1 or greater to run.  It needs
 > CGI.pm-2.80 or greater, which doesn't exist in ports.  You can search
 > ports/36887, which proposed a CGI-2.80.  I have a wild guess: the reason
 > why ports/36887 remains open is CGi-2.80 needs perl 5.6.

 Oops, I meant perl 5.6, not 5.8.  Ok, it's what I expected.  I have RT
 working with system perl with updated modules, installed with the
 unshadow option to delete the system modules.  But just using perl from
 ports is probably much easier and cleaner.  If noone else picks this up
 soon, I'll try get around to this this weekend.

 Neil
 --
 Neil Blakey-Milner
 nbm@mithrandr.moria.org