Date:      29 Aug 2002 05:43:28 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Possible to configure DNSor local mail server on DSL connection?

--=-y0qqbiXyiDLtsPWXTMEy

Hi,
I've got my own registered domain name for a DSL Connected network here
at home.

I used ZoneEdit.com's two supplied nameservers when I registered, and I
use ddclient as the dyn DNS Client on the gateway. I'd like to run a
mailserver for my domain locally, and not use my ISP 's (as it is
configured now at ZoneEdit) mailservers to accept mail for my domain.
How do I accomplish this in terms of the named files on the local
machine?

I'm thinking of running a master locally, and using the two ZoneEdit
nameservers as secondaries (or one ZoneEdit NS as master, and a local
box as secondary, whichever is most feasible). I know that DNS has to be
set up right in order for sendmail to be happy, so I'm hoping for some
pointers on this before attempting to mess about with sendmail.

So, any pointers, suggestions & recollections from past experiences
would be appreciated.=20

TIA
Stacey

--=20