Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:56:19 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <cfedde@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Fadi Sodah" <fsodah@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX/NT in a Network

You should have no trouble running FreeBSD hosts and NT based hosts
on the same network segment.  I would do partitioning of the network
based first on some simple geographic details like buildings or
floors or wings of the building or some such.  Then if work patterns
or traffic dictate, the segments can be further subdivided.
Depending on traffic you can get several layers of division.  First
all stations on one repeater hub.  Second connecting hubs together
over a Switch. Third connecting switch segments together with a
router.  Finaly connecting routers together into any kind of topology
that makes sense.

Hope that this helps.
chris